Partner, WHS and Employment, Herbert Smith Freehills
I lead the Work Health and Safety Team in the Herbert Smith Freehills employment group, as well as performing the Head of Office function for the Melbourne HSF Employment team.
My work involves:
– being the first port of call for clients experiencing an unanticipated workplace incident or other crisis,
– assisting clients to proactively manage WHS legal risk,
– acting in relation to transport, rail and maritime safety matters,
– conducting litigation in defence of any proceedings arising from WHS matters, and
– representing employers in coronial inquests.
I particularly enjoy working with clients to develop proactive and practical health and safety compliance strategies.
I have also been involved in the defence of a number of Worksafe prosecutions, arising from serious workplace incidents. This includes providing prompt and practical advice on steps to take immediately following an incident, as well as developing strategies for the efficient management of ongoing regulatory investigations. I represent clients in State and Federal Courts, the Fair Work Commission as well as administrative tribunals.
I regularly speak at conferences and training seminars, presenting on practical WHS legal compliance.